TRANSLATOR

Friday, May 11, 2012

Interview With A Nonverbal Autistic Adult Author

"I am nonverbal and I have autism, but that didn’t stop me from following my dreams of being a writer. I have written one book and have had it published. It is called “Worried Wendy Goes to School” and I have a second book in the process of being published right now and it should come out in June of this year. I have always enjoyed writing and I find I have an abundance of words and pictures in my head that I want to share with the world. I’m happy, funny and at peace with who I am."
2. As a mom of an extremely intelligent, nonverbal child, I am always irritated (to put it nicely) by people that assume that a child that doesn't talk is intellectually low functioning. What I don't know, (because my son has difficulties expressing his feelings) is how it affects him. Did you face this growing up, and if so, how did it affect you?

3. Do you have any advice for other non-verbal children and their parents that you wish someone had told you growing up or told your parents?
[Excerpts from 'Interview With A Nonverbal Autistic Adult Author' (Wednesday, 14 April 2010) ]

Read the entire revealing interview and the insightful Comments section, too.
Interview With A Nonverbal Autistic Adult Author | autisable


Autisable - Real Blogs from People Tackling the Puzzle of Autism





via

"Life on the Autism Spectrum can be ENJOYable."
#EnjoyHi5Autism
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing.