TRANSLATOR

Monday, May 19, 2014

my daughter, my teacher: Mary Ann, Autistic in English and Spanish

Martha Ziegler and her daughter Mary Ann, now 46 and autistic, share their lives together as they move through mystery and discrimination to revolutionary change in the disability arena. Mary Ann’s story extends from a time when her local public school legally excluded her, to an experience of full inclusion in middle school, and ultimately to adult life in a welcoming community.Mary Ann proves that someone with autism can make remarkable progress, even learn a second language. At the same time, Martha’s leading role in changing state and federal policies demonstrates the power of informed, enthusiastic parent involvement.




My Daughter, My Teacher:  Mary Ann, Autistic in English and Spanish




My Daughter, My Teacher: Mary Ann, Autistic in English and Spanish - Martha Hanes Ziegler : iUniverse









"Life on the Autism Spectrum can be ENJOYable."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing.